Top 25 HS Football teams - De La Salle, Mona Shores move upFootball  |
1. Clarkston (13-0): The Wolves jumped out early on East Kentwood and maintained their poise in a 35-13 victory on Saturday. Clarkston will attempt to become the fourth team from a public school to win back-to-back Division 1 titles since 2003.
2. Muskegon Mona Shores (12-1): Even without quarterback Tyree Jackson in the second half the Sailors were able to upend Farmington Hills Harrison. The Sailors withstood a tough road to the finals and no one should count them out, even without Jackson.
3. Birmingham Brother Rice (11-1): The Warriors had the 33-game winning streak end on Saturday to Warren De La Salle, 26-21. Receiver Grant Perry had a school-record 16 receptions and recovered an onside kick with just over two minutes to play but De La Salle held on.
4. Orchard Lake St. Mary's (11-2): Defensively the Eaglets have been dominating in the playoffs but they’ll face their toughest test since losing to Brother Rice in the Catholic League final when they face Muskegon on Saturday.
5. Warren De La Salle (10-3): No let down last week against Southfield (31-7) after upsetting Brother Rice the week before. Not sure any team is playing better defensively than the Pilots right now.
6. Muskegon (12-1): If any team IS playing better defensively than De La Salle it’s these Big Reds. Posting a shutout last week (20-0 over Zeeland West) against a team that was averaging 36 points in the playoffs is outstanding.
7. Saline (12-1): The Hornets have won 12 straight and got over a huge hurdle last week (30-15 over Detroit Cass Tech). Playing in their first final will only enhance this up-and-coming program in the years to come.
8. Detroit Cass Tech (12-1): The Technicians ran out of gas last week as running back Mike Weber, Jr., was held to under 150 yards. Still a great season for Cass Tech, the only program to reach the semifinals each of the last five seasons.
9. Lansing Sexton (13-0): The Big Reds are in the finals for the first time. Now we’ll see how they respond to playing with pressure at Ford Field. Their competitive schedule will help goi