State Champs! Boys Hockey Rankings: Livonia Stevenson moves to No. 4, Northville, winners of six straight, climbs to No. 15Hockey  |
1. Detroit Catholic Central. The Shamrocks are hanging onto the top spot, but they will be put to the test in the next two weeks with games against Grand Rapids Catholic Central, Grosse Pointe South, Livonia Stevenson and Grandville.
2. Hartland. The Eagles were staring at the top spot until upstart Hancock knocked them off. As it is I still feel Coach Rick Gadwa's squad is the team to beat in the congested Division 2 ranks.
3. Flint Powers. A big week looming for the Chargers as they host Saginaw Heritage and then face Warren De La Salle and Grosse Pointe University Liggett at the MIHL showcase.
4. Livonia Stevenson. The Spartans have won eight straight in convincing fashion over a slew of quality teams. Goaltender Cullen Barber has been elite, and is a next level player to be sure.
5. Birmingham Brother Rice. The Warriors went 2-1 since our last rankings with wins over Catholic Central and Trenton, and a loss at Orchard Lake St Mary's. As deep as Division 2 is it’s going to take a big effort to knock out the defending champs.
6. Grand Rapids Catholic Central. The Cougars will be tested at the MIHL Showcase with a pair of games against Detroit Catholic Central and Livonia Stevenson.
7. Romeo. The Bulldogs dropped their first game of the year to Utica Eisenhower then won their next four to improve to an incredible 18-1.
8. Brighton. The Bulldogs went 2-1 since our last ranking with wins over Salem and Livonia Franklin, and a loss to red-hot Northville. They will make Division 1 very interesting.
9. Saginaw Heritage. The Hawks have a big week ahead with a trip to Flint Powers. Then will face Hancock and Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central at the MIHL showcase in Trenton.
10. U-D Jesuit. The Cubs tough schedule as it is faces two more tests at the MIHL showcase with games against Houghton and Northville.
11. Calumet. The Copper Kings are 3-0-2 in their last five games and have an incredibly tough week with a game at Hancock before facing Orchard Lake St Mary's and Grosse Pointe South at the MIHL showcase.
12. Grosse Pointe South. Three straight wins for the Blue Devils, and another potential land mine in Division 2 ranks.
13. Hancock. The Bulldogs have won 10 straight including a victory over Hartland.
14. Grandville. The Bulldogs travel east for the next two weekends with games against Plymouth, Salem, Rochester United and Detroit Catholic Central.
15. Northville. The Mustangs jump back into the top 25 after six straight wins. The MIHL showcase has them paired up with Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood and U-D Jesuit.
16. Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood. The tough MIHL slate, and games against Northville and Rochester United at the MIHL showcase, will have the Cranes ready when the Division 3 tournament starts.
17. Allen Park. The Jags suffered their first loss of the season but still stand at an impressive 15-1-2.
18. Orchard Lake St. Mary's. The Eaglets have shown they can play with anybody and will be a tough test for any team when the Division 1 playoffs start.
19. Trenton. The Trojans have a pair of games against top 10 opponents in Hartland and Brighton at the MIHL showcase.
20. Wyandotte Roosevelt. The Bears remain a team to watch in Division 3. Matches against Warren De La Salle and Traverse City Central will be games to watch at the MIHL showcase.
21. Marquette. The Redmen went 2-1 at the Public School Showcase with wins over Plymouth and Lake Orion, and a one goal loss to Salem.
22. Sault Ste. Marie. There will be two big matches at the MIHL showcase for the Blue Devils as they face Grosse Pointe University Liggett and Hartland.
23. Livonia Churchill. The Chargers went 3-1-1 since our last rankings and face three tough opponents in Canton, Novi, and Livonia Stevenson in the next three matches.
24. Howell. The Highlanders sit at 13-4 and are one of the teams to watch in Division 1.
25. Chelsea. The Bulldogs went 2-1-1 since our last rankings and sit at 14-2-1 in the Division 3 ranks.
The Next 5: Berkley Unified, Escanaba, Rochester United, Utica Eisenhower, De La Salle.
Breakdown by Division
Division 1: 7 teams
Division 2: 8 teams
Division 3: 10 teamsTweet