Hockey Rankings: Brother Rice beats Flint Powers, moves to No. 1Hockey  |
1. Birmingham Brother Rice. The Warriors surge to the top after impressive wins at the MIHL showcase over Flint Powers and Hancock. Both Hartland and Powers each have one in-state loss. The Warriors are the team to beat both of them.
2. Hartland. Division 2 claims the top two spots, as the Eagles sit at 19-1 in-state and winners of 12 straight.
3. Flint Powers. The Chargers are 19-1 and bounced back nicely from the loss to Brother Rice with a 2-0 win over Livonia Stevenson. The Chargers remain the team to beat in Division 3.
4. Detroit Catholic Central. The Shamrocks are 11-3-1 in-state, but the defending Division 1 champs have a few teams breathing down their neck in the rankings, and at playoff time.
5. Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central. The Rangers are 18-1-2 overall, but an unbeaten streak of 13-0-2 in its last 15, including a 2-2 against red-hot Northville, is what keeps them in our top 5.
6. Brighton. The Bulldogs are 16-3, and had a statement victory on home ice over Detroit C.C. with a 2-1 victory. Bulldogs can make it all the way, again, in Division 1.
7. Grosse Pointe South. The Blue Devils are 16-3-1, but wins over Warren De La Salle and Brighton move them up in our rankings, and in the congestive Division 2 ranks.
8. Northville. The Mustangs are 14-5-1, but play