BURNEY'S BYTES: Burney shouts out the Bishop Chatard crew after knocking off Cathedral
Burney loves the Indianapolis Bishop Chatard football team’s offense this fall led by senior quarterback Mark Nondorf, one of the premier signal-callers in all of Hoosierland. The 6-foot-3 flamethrower of a field general is committed to Ball State and has his Class 3A BC Trojans a blazing-hot 4-0 out of the gate.
He threw for 175 yards and a long touchdown in BC’s 17-14 win over Class 5A Indianapolis Cathedral under rainy conditions back on Friday.
Could a state-record expanding 14th state title be on the horizon at BC? Nondorf’s nastiness under center makes it a pretty good bet.
But he isn’t the only pigskin stud doing heavy lifting for the Trojans’ offense.
Alright, let’s roll call it…..DOYLE DEMOLITION CREW STYLE:
• Mark Nondorf (QB) — Venomous gunslinger in attack mode every snap.
• Daylen Taylor (RB) — This junior is a slick game-changer carrying the rock.
• Jack Kassenbrock (WR/TE) — Long, lean & mean stretching the field or going across the middle.
• Drew Sowinski (WR) — The definition of reliability.
• John Marsella (WR) — Always Johnny on the Spot when BC is in a pinch.
• Ben Schrage (WR/K) — Silky-soft hands and a killer leg on special teams.