Week 5 Michigan High School Football Power RankingsFootball  |
1. Detroit Catholic Central – The Shamrocks had a strong start to the season through week three, but last Friday’s win over St. Ignatius, the No. 3 ranked team in Ohio, was downright impressive and now Catholic Central jumps all the way up to the top spot.
2. Detroit Cass Tech - The Technicians did nothing to lose the top rankings, however a weak schedule following the season opener is what has allowed Catholic Central to move up to No. 1. However, Cass Tech has done nothing less than what’s been expected early on and should push to be back on top after the schedule gets tougher, starting with this weekend’s game against East English Village.
3. Detroit King – Crusaders have taken care of business early on this season and should pick up another convincing win over Osborn this week before their week six showdown against Cass Tech.
4. Utica Eisenhower – Ike has outscored opponents 91-0 in the past two weeks, including a 42-0 win over Chippewa Valley, but the Eagles likely won’t have that convincing of a result this Friday when they travel to Romeo.
5. Muskegon – The Big Reds have been nearly unstoppable this season, totaling almost 200 points (198) through the first four weeks of the season and I doubt Muskegon will be slowing down anytime soon.
6. Walled Lake Western – The Warriors are now at full strength with quarterback John Tracy returning from injury and Cody White moving back to wide receiver. This team hasn’t even hit its stride yet and Western has already started 4-0 this season.
7. Lowell – The Lowell defense has been stellar over the past three weeks, allowing just 23 points in that span and now travel to Greenville this week. The Red Arrows offense has been nearly as good lately, scoring 75 points in their last two wins.
8. Saline – The Hornets had a big win over Temperance Bedford on Friday night and while Saline doesn’t have the same type of star power that it’s had in years past, the Hornets still remain one of the state’s best and their 4-0 start proves just that.
9. Grandville – It was an impressive win last week for the Bulldogs as they ran past Hudsonville with a 36-6 win on Friday night. The defense has allowed just 28 points through four games this season. The offense has scored 185 points so far. Another test this Friday when Grandville hosts East Kentwood.
10. Dearborn Fordson – Fordson began the season outside of the State Champs! Preseason top 25, but now, through four weeks of the season, the Tractors have now cracked my Top 10 rankings with a 4-0 start, which includes wins over Canton and Belleville.Tweet