Elite Eight - The Top Eight Performances from the First Round of the high school football playoffsFootball  |
The Top Eight performances from the first round of the MHSAA Football Playoffs:
8. Jake Smith, Ithaca QB – Smith rushed for 185 yards and three touchdowns on 21 carries to help lead Ithaca to a 56-14 win over Vassar on Friday night. Smith also added a passing touchdown for the Yellowjackets as well.
7. Aaron Wiggins, Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood RB – Wiggins rushed for 170 yards and also tallied 35 yards receiving and had three total touchdowns to help lead the Cranes to a 35-14 win over St. Clair Shores South Lake on Friday night.
6. Rodney Hall, Detroit Cass Tech QB – Hall completed 13 of his 14 pass attempts on Saturday afternoon for 200 yards and two touchdowns to help lead Cass Tech to a 39-6 win over Warren Mott.
5. Alec Bageris, Novi QB – Bageris threw for 215 yards and two touchdowns, completing 20-of-34 pass attempts to help lead Novi to an upset win over West Bloomfield. With the win, Novi improved to 6-4 on the season.
4. Nate Boleware, Detroit East English Village Prep RB – Boleware scored the game-winning touchdown with just seven seconds left to play on Friday night to lead East English to a 25-21 win over reigning Division 2 state champion Warren Dee La Salle. Boleware finished with 129 yards rushing and two touchdowns for the Bulldogs.
3. Pat Naughton, Comstock Park QB – Naughton threw for 269 yards and four touchdowns to help lead Comstock Park to a 38-35 win over Swan Valley on Friday night. Naughton also led Comstock Park in rushing with 58 yards.
2. Hunter Buczkowski, Mt. Pleasant RB – Buczkowski put together a monster performance in the first round of the playoffs as the senior rushed for 210 yards and two touchdowns on Saturday afternoon to help lead the Oilers to a 24-3 win over Gaylord.
1. Emmanuel Jackson, Novi ATH – Jackson rushed for 180 yards and two touchdowns and also hauled in nine catches for 75 yards and a touchdown to help lead Novi to an upset win over previously undefeated West Bloomfield.