Burney’s Prep Football Power Rankings – Off & RunningFootball  |
1. Orchard Lake St. Mary’s (1-0) – If Hollywood wants to shoot a remake of the movie Superbad, they should do it RIGHT NOW on the high school gridiron and cast the entire Eaglets squad in starring roles, ‘cause these guys are a bunch of STRAIGHT filthy MCNASTIES
2. Detroit Cass (1-0) – Timmy Walton, a terror for the Technicians sideline-to-sideline, is this season’s Tyrique Thompson, as in the best linebacker in the whole PSL…..That’s a Burney-Certified Guarantee (just ask the University of Illinois)!!
3. Detroit King (1-0) – Donnie Corley and Ambry Thomas make up the BEST two-headed monster of a receiving corps in the whole state……Yeah, I Said It!!!!
4. Chippewa Valley (1-0) – Team Merchant marching towards another banner campaign…..Take It 2 Tha Bank!!!
5. Saline (1-0) – You can’t stop Saline senior quarterback and VaTech-commit Josh Jackson, you can only hope to contain him….and that’s pretty darn difficult to do too (just ask opposing secondaries & defensive coordinators).
6. Macomb Dakota (1-0) – Cougars’ senior tailback Kaiser Carleton looked more like The Usual Suspects master villain Keyser Soze last week in Dakota’s clobbering of Clarkston on opening night, he was absolutely KILLING the comp (to the tune of 210 yards and 3 touchdowns)
7. Canton (1-0) – Could easily be higher on this list, come on Chiefs, show Burney you need to be in the Top 5 this week against Hartland with another KNOCKOUT effort!!
8. East Kentwood (1-0) – Still lots and lots of speed, smarts and sugary-sweet playmaking in the mix for the Falcons
9. West Bloomfield (1-0) – LakersNation is nearing pigskin nirvana in the final year of the Trishton “Action” Jackson era…Catch the fever!!!
10. (tie) Walled Lake Western (1-0) – The Warriors are going to be a Thrill-A-Minute offensively this season (just ask Lowell)….get used to hearingTOUCHDOWN, Western, Kyle Thomas-to-Cody White, Thomas-to-Cam Ford ,Thomas-to-Javon Gabriel or Thomas-to-baby-bro Thomas, time and time again in the forthcoming weeks
10. (tie) Detroit Catholic Central (1-0) – A star was born under center in ShamrocksNation last Friday night with the second-half breakout performance from sophomore signal-caller Theo Day in CC’s comeback clipping of visiting Muskegon…..this kid’s long, tall, cool and calm and might turn into the first DI quarterback in quite a while from the notoriously smashmouth program
Five teams to watch:
Hudsonville (1-0) - The 'H' is for ALL HEART, that's Hudsonville football
Detroit East English Village (1-0) - Burney's sleeper pick to snag the PSL
Romeo (1-0) - Can you say statement win in Week 1?
Warren De La Salle (0-1) - Junior RB-DB Allen Stritzinger is on the verge of a deluge of Big 10 offers (cue the Spartans before the end of next month), remember you heard it hear first from your boy Burney
Lowell (0-1) - Might not lose again the rest of the regular season.....please, make a note!Tweet