Burney's Boys BBall Season Preview - The PlayersBasketball  |
Top 12 – AKA “The Dirty Dozen”
1. Cassius Winston (Detroit UD-Jesuit Sr. PG) – Think Mateen Cleaves 20 years ago
2. Austin Davis (Onsted Sr. C) – Best big guy in the state, bar none!!
3. Xavier Tillman (GR Christian Jr. PF) – Most physical post stud Burney’s laid eyes on in a while
4. Brandon Johns (East Lansing Soph. F) – No . 1 underclassmen in the state, coachable, crafty, ready to clobber the comb the next three years
5. Jamal Cain (Detroit Cornerstone Jr. SF) – Best player you’ve never heard of, but should have ‘cuz he’s SICK GOOD!!
6. Kamari Newman (Detroit East English Village Sr. G/F) – Slick, savvy & athletic on the wing, can score in a variety of ways,
7. Foster Loyer (Clarkston Soph. PG) – Highest hoop IQ I’ve witnessed in well over a decade, No. 1 player in the whole OAA
8. Jermaine Jackson, Jr. (Macomb Dakota Jr. G) – Top player in the MAC, mad swagger with the rock in his hands, as Dicky V would say: scintillating, super, sensational
9. David DeJulius (Detroit Edison Soph. G) – Thomas Edison would be beaming w/ pride because this diaper dandy playmaker can LIGHT IT UP like a charter school version of Steph Curry….Yeah, I Said It!!
10. Brailen Neely (Detroit Western Sr. PG) – Will go down as one of the great PSL floor generals, plays so much bigger than his size, so smart, definition of hardwood quarterback & a perfect mix of offensive instinct and ability to distribute
11. Ike Eke (Detroit UD-Jesuit Jr. C/F) – This kid’s upside is on the moon & the best is still yet to come
12. Justin Turner (Detroit Renaissance Sr. G) – Most underrated player in the PSL, straight KAGE KILLER out of the backcourtTweet